Terrible heat and UV rays can be quite damaging to outdoor concrete surfaces in San Diego, California. This is why it is common to see concrete pool decks, patios, and even driveways with cracks, holes, and other types of damage. This, however, can be resolved with a spray knockdown finish such as Sundek Classic Texture. Sundek Classic Texture is an acrylic concrete coating that is ideal for use on outdoor surfaces that are often exposed to heavy foot traffic.
What is Spray Knockdown Texture?
A spray texture is different from other pool deck resurfacing options because it is applied differently. Instead of being poured and then spread with a roller brush, it is sprayed with a hopper gun. After spraying, the material is then troweled, thus, the term “trowel finish”. One reason why this is a popular option is that a knockdown finish is slip-resistant. Aside from the non-skid surface, it also has the ability to stay 30% cooler than other paving materials. Of all pool deck texture coatings, this is probably the most comfortable for bare feet. This material comes in a variety of colors but it can also be stained with custom colors and designs if desired.
Benefits of Knockdown Finish for Swimming Pool Decks, Patios, Driveways & more!
Although there are many decorative concrete options available out there, many residential and commercial property owners favor a knockdown finish over others. Here are good reasons why:
- Slip-resistant Surface – The texture created with a spray-down concrete resurfacing improves traction especially on pool decks, patios and driveways.
- Customizable Aesthetics – This finish falls under decorative concrete for a reason. Aside from being available in various colors, it can be customized to meet a customer’s design cravings. It can be stained, dyed, scored, or engraved.
- Heat Reflective Feature – Compared to other paving materials for outdoor use, this system is quite efficient in staying cool despite constant exposure to sunlight. Another reason why it is ideal for pool decks. Swimmers can forget about having to wear flip flops just to keep foot soles from getting burnt on hot concrete.
- Cost-effectiveness – A concrete replacement used to be the only solution to old or damaged concrete surfaces. Nowadays, resurfacing with an acrylic concrete coating is enough to restore concrete, improve it, and make it function much better without spending a fortune.
- Durability – This coating, although sprayed thinly, is durable enough to resist harsh weather, foot traffic, and more.
- Low-maintenance – This coating requires minimal upkeep. An occasional pressure washing will help remove dirt embedded in the grooves. Because it is not made of individual pieces put together in a pattern, there is no opportunity for weed or moss to grow.
Interested in a spray knockdown finish? Call an experienced concrete contractor in San Diego @ (619) 443-2318!
There are many different decorative options available in San Diego, CA today. Finding the right one can be tricky and that’s why we are here to help. Concrete Coatings Specialists, Inc. is a decorative concrete company with 30+ years of experience. We take pride in our work and in our A+ rating from the BBB. We specialize in installing knockdown finish on existing, newly installed and resurfaced patios, driveways, walkways, and other surfaces.
Why wait tomorrow when you can call today? We’d love to give you a free in-home consultation and quote. We are one of the trusted pool deck, patio, garage floors and concrete driveway contractors.