Concrete surfaces can be slippery especially when wet. This is one common problem among swimming pool owners. Fortunately, a pool deck knockdown finish has become available for use on existing concrete slabs. Sundek Classic Texture is a spray knock down finish that features a non-skid textured surface and a price so economical homeowners would not have to think twice about it.
How is a Spray Knockdown Finish Installed?
This system is highly popular because of its great features, economical costs, and ease of application. Although easy, a spray-down concrete resurfacing project should be handled by a professional concrete contractor. The process involves surface preparation, a spraying equipment, and immediate troweling. Here’s a rough look at how contractors install a knockdown texture on concrete:
- Step 1: A thorough evaluation of the existing concrete slab must be done by a pro to make sure that it is still eligible for a resurfacing. If the damage is too deep, a complete concrete replacement might be best.
- Step 2: Once repairs are done, if the slab needed any, the surface is cleaned and washed to remove grease, dirt, and anything that may affect proper adhesion.
- Step 3: The acrylic concrete coating is mixed thoroughly in accurate portions enough to cover the area and have a bit extra for some touch-ups. Pros are trained to prepare the coating with the right ratio of water and coating mixture.
- Step 4: The mixture is loaded into the hopper gun, which is a spraying equipment powered by an air compressor.
- Step 5: The installer first checks the surface, making sure that it is cool enough, around 60 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. If it is, the coating is then sprayed evenly.
- Step 6: Immediately after spraying, the sprayed material is troweled down, creating a knockdown texture similar to stucco.
- Step 7: The finish can be stained if desired. A concrete sealer is applied on to keep the coating protected and to enhance its look.
Interested in a non-skid decorative concrete solution? Call (619) 443-2318 for more info.
We at Concrete Coating Specialists, Inc. know how important it is to have stunning outdoor surfaces. However, we also know that safety is important. Our highly trained team specializes in pool deck texture coatings that aim to provide both features at an affordable rate. We take pride in our trowel finish projects and we put great attention to detail.
Want to know more? We’ll give you a free consultation and quote. Just call or email us at your most convenient time.